Friday, November 4, 2016

Living with Depression

My life with depression has been a lot like a roller coaster ride. The good days, you have your arms up, smiling and laughing. You don't want it to end. You're high on life and you don't want that to ever go away.

The bad days, you're hanging on for dear life, eyes closed, and hoping it will just stop because it is the worst feeling you can imagine.

I have heard so many people who don't understand say to me; snap out of it. Just get over it. If only it were that easy. Some look at my life and wonder what I could possibly be depressed about. I have a beautiful son, who has brightened up my life. Amazing parents who have always stood by my side. A loving boyfriend who never judges no matter how irrational I can be. Spectacular friends who have always been right there when I need them. What is so horrible about that? Not a damn thing. Except I'm still stuck in the nightmare.

I know all too well about the days you just can't get out of bed, all you can do is cry. On these days, I remember this quote.
"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead I advise you to simply have a day. Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself. It will be better soon, so have a day"

No comments:

Post a Comment