Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Battle

Some days I feel everything at once. Other days I feel nothing at all.
I don't know what's worse;
Drowning between the waves, or dying of thirst.

That's exactly how I feel with anxiety and depression. It's like a constant battle between the two in my head. Powerful and overwhelming. 

Since the day I was diagnosed with depression, over 12 years ago, I have seen a therapist every week. Talking about anything and everything to just help clear my head of the clutter. When I was diagnosed with anxiety, I bumped up my sessions to twice a week. The thoughts were overwhelming me.

It's the best thing I've done, seeing a therapist. Getting all the negative thoughts out of me, to someone I trust and won't judge me no matter how crazy my words may sound.

For those of you who suffer from any kind of mental illness, or disability, I strongly suggest you talk to someone. No matter how hard it is to get out, it feels so much better when you do. There is no need to feel embarrassed, we are all in this together.

Keep fighting your fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment